Important: Please Read First!
The Thomara Latimer Cancer Foundation (TLCF) provides information, financial assistance and emotional support to families affected by any cancer related disorder. TLCF understands that living with this serious illness can be expensive.
For this reason, along with fulfilling the legacy of its name’s sake, the foundation was created. TLCF funds are designed to help patients and family members who, after a thorough investigation of other resources, are unable to meet expenses that are causing a financial burden. Expenses addressed by TLCF generally fit into the following categories:
- Provides funds for homecare assistance including child care
- Provides funds for medication or treatment not covered by insurance including alternative care, expenses that must be paid in order for the patient to get treatment he/she needs such as family lodging for out-of-town treatment and post-lodging
- Provides funds for transportation to and from treatment, physician, support facilities including supplement for car repair or car payment
- Special need funds for wigs/head coverings for diagnosis or treatment related to hair loss
- Provides funds for assistance with final arrangements
Patients or families should complete the TLCF applications for funds to cover a specific expense. Unfortunately, TLCF is not able to fulfill every request. While TLCF attempts to meet as many needs as possible, some applications may be approved for a grant that is lower than the requested amount, while others may be denied. Much depends on the availability of funds.
Supporting documentation should be attached to verify the amount of request. Examples include copies of invoices for medication, childcare, etc.
Please return the completed form and attachments to TLCF by mail :
Thomara Latimer Cancer Foundation
Franklin Plaza Center
29155 Northwestern Hwy #528
Southfield, Michigan 48034
fax to: (248) 557-8063
or via website: www.thomlatimercares.org.
Completed forms with supporting documentation are reviewed in a timely manner. You may be contacted by a member of TLCF’s Patient Services department for further discussion about your application. If you have any questions, please call our office at (248) 557-2346.